Building a web blocking profile for problem urls
In the ISAM ESSO 8.2 Troubleshooting and Support Guide it documents a known issue with IE 7 & 8 hanging on some web site. But how can I identify the urls I need to specifiy if they are embedded within the main web site I'm accessing ?
The following outlines an approach that can be used to identify the site or URLs that you want to be handled by a 'dummy' profile, i.e. a profile that does nothing, but avoids the auto learn web profile from be loaded.
The main problem in this is identifying the URLs to add to our profile or URLs to ignored. Though it could be the main URL in the browser address bar, it could also be one of the embedded/hidden URLs that the main page loads, either immediately or in repeated periods
The URLs that the observer can see and therefore for which it will load the auto learn profile if there is not another matching profile defined can be identified by the methods outlined below.
- Clear out all logs from the AccessAgent log directory, so only aa_observer.log (locked) remains.
A) Use the logviewer utility application provide for TAM ESSO log files.
- Utility to view and partly analyse AccessAgent logs files has been made available on the IBM site. http://www.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/ismlibrary/details?catalog.label=1TW10AMBZ
- Updated exe is available via this tech note:
- New log definition files are available for use with 8.1 and 8.2 via this tech note: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21610820
B) Use a normal Text Editor.
- Look for lines like this:
[CEnBrowserListener::DocumentComplete] Analyzing document URL is <url>
- Once you have identified a URL, then you can add it in 1 or 2 formats, which one you will use will depend on the URL and whether you may want to store credentials for other pages in the URL's domain, e.g.
The attached file contains the current auto learn profile and a profile for ignoring some URLs.
This can be used as a development package. i.e. add to the profile_web_urls_to_ignore the URLs you want to be ignored and test to see if the issue with Internet Explorer is handled or not.
More support for:
IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On
Software version: 8.1, 8.2, 8.2.1, 8.2.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1613564
Modified date: 19 November 2012