QRadar: How to sign-up for information from the QRadar Support Team
IBM Support provides assistance with product defects, technical notes, FAQs, newsletters, and helps users resolve problems with the product. This technical note walks customers through the process of signing up for important support information.
- Signing up for IBM My Notifications
- Signing up for QRadar Support Newsletters
- Getting help in the QRadar forums
- Social Technotes
My notifications is an active email / RSS feed for customers to keep up to date on new and important technical support content regarding the IBM products you administer. IBM My Notifications is a critical outlet of information for QRadar Support to notify users of issues. Content from IBM My Notifications can include: APARs (reported problems), technical notes, event information, flash notices, security bulletins, and more. IBM My Notifications requires an IBM ID, which is a free sign-up for all users.
Before you begin
If you do not already have an IBM ID, you must create one. If you navigate to http://www.ibm.com/support/mynotifications, you will be asked to log in. If you do not have an IBM ID, you can use the 'Create an IBMid' button.
How to sign-up for IBM My Notifications
- Navigate to IBM My Notifications: http://www.ibm.com/support/mynotifications.
- In the Product lookup field, type QRadar.
- Click +Subscribe next to a product you want to receive notifications about.
- A document list is provided, by default all document types are selected. Most customers can leave all check boxes selected.
At minimum, QRadar support recommends that the following document types be enabled:
- Security Bulletins - Notices to advise administrators of potential reported vulnerabilities and software versions that remediate vulnerabilities.
- Flashes - Critical notices sent from QRadar Support to advise customers of a potential software or hardware issue.
- Troubleshooting - All information under this category should be selected. This will advise users on problems reported (APARs), technical notes from QRadar Support, and more.
- Click Submit.
You are now subscribed to product notifications. Administrators can repeat this procedure to subscribe to multiple QRadar products, such as QRadar Vulnerability Manager, QRadar Risk Manager, QRadar Incident Forensics, etc.
To receive an RSS / ATOM feed URL you can click Links in the subscription area, then select the RSS or ATOM feed for your browser or preferred reader.
You can configure your email delivery preferences after you have created your subscription. In the delivery preferences options, you can also change your email address for notification emails. Delivery preferences apply to every subscription. You cannot customize delivery preferences for a specific subscriptions.
1. Click the Delivery Preferences button.
2. Select the email frequency for your product notifications: Daily or Weekly.
3. Select the email format for your emails: HTML or Plain text.
4. Optional. Administrators can change your preferred language and enable or disable machine translation of emails.
5. Click Submit to save your changes.
The QRadar Support Team sends a monthly newsletter and has monthly events called "Open Mics" to anyone interested in this information. Newsletters are typically sent at the end of the month and include information about changes to QRadar intended to keep users and administrators up-to-date with changes, announcements, and events. QRadar Open Mics are online webcast events with expert QRadar panelists where we talk about different aspects or QRadar and take questions live during this session.
How to sign-up for the QRadar Support Newsletter & Support Open Mic Events
Any interested users can subscribe via email the QRadar Support Newsletter and Support Open Mic webcast event mailing list. This list is used to send newsletters and invitations for Support Open Mic webcasts.
- To subscribe to the QRadar Support Newsletter, administrators must send email to: email@example.com
Note: Clicking the URL should open a mailto link with this information filled out.
- The Subject of the email must be: snl subscribe SecIntel
- Send the email to IBM.
An email is returned as confirmation to your subscription. Depending on when you send your email and when the email processor runs, it might take up to 4 hours for your subscription to be processed. NOTE: To unsubscribe, send an email with the subject snl unsubscribe SecIntel.
Example confirmation email:
"Thank you for subscribing to Support Newsletter for the product(s) you specified in the subject line of your email. You will be receiving a quarterly email of links to technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software."
QRadar Support Newsletters online (2016)
January 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter February 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter March 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter April 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter May 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter June 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter July 2016 QRadar Support Newsletter August TBD September TBD October TBD November TBD December TBD
- Two weeks before the event, an email is sent to subscribers.
- Two days before the event, a reminder for the event is sent to subscribers.
Newsletter emails are sent typically on the last day of the month. If you think you missed an email, you can always Google for the online version of the QRadar Support Newsletter. From any Browser, search for: QRadar Support Newsletter <Month>.
Open Mic invitation emails are typically send at the following intervals:
QRadar Support monitors an official forum for customer questions. Customers who want to ask questions about features, QRadar functionality, or have general questions for any QRadar product can use our forums. The forums are a great place to get feedback from not only QRadar Support, but also other administrators and users who work with QRadar daily.
In the month of September, we are going to start migrating from our existing customer forum to a newer forum platform. The existing content will still be in place for our W3 QRadar forums, however, we want users and administrators to start using the new forum and testing out the new features.
The existing QRadar forum can be found here: http://ibm.biz/BdR2kC. We are still taking questions in this forum.
dw Answers: What you need to know
- dw Answers URL for QRadar tags:
- Shortened URL: http://ibm.biz/qradarforums
- Full URL: https://developer.ibm.com/answers/topics/qradar.html
- The dw Answers forums are tag driven. Up to 8 tags can be added to a single forum question.
- The QRADAR tag must be used in every forum post.
- Searches can be done for the term QRadar, this will also pick up tags.
- To get help, you can always use @username to get the attention of a support representative. Example, @jonathan.pechta (IBM)
- Follow tags such as QRADAR, RISK MANAGER, FORENSICS, SCANNERS to be alerted to posts on topics that interest you.
- Customers get more customization options on how they want to interact with the forums, such as notification preferences, following custom tags via RSS, and have more methods of contributing using reputation.
- Reputation allows you to create and edit
- Earn badges to prove your expertise. For more information, see badges.
- The ability to open a forum question on any Technical Note from support or any APAR is you have additional questions. See "Social Tech Notes" for information about this feature.
List of tags
When you access support content such as tech notes or APARs, you might see a new "Community questions and discussion" feature at the bottom of these documents, is our new Social Technote addon. Social technotes allow any reader to engage the author, support representatives, or forum users by asking a question of the content, which creates a forum post for experts to review and answer.
We encourage deeper social engagement across IBMers and clients alike, enabling this feature supports open discussions and allows us to use our social capabilities to deliver and discover solutions in a community-based format.
For more information on this topic, see the video here: https://mediacenter.ibm.com/media/t/0_m9zxnid7
If you have additional questions or some of this content is not clear, you can see the QRadar forum or contact customer support for assistance:
- Online QRadar Customer Forums
- Submit and manage your support tickets online 24x7 using IBM Service Request
- QRadar Downloads - IBM Fix Central
- IBM Security Support videos - YouTube channel
More support for:
IBM Security QRadar SIEM
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Linux
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1612861
Modified date: 2016-08-31