Withdrawal of support for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances 3.8.2 and 4.0.0 firmware levels
Effective 30 Sept 2013, IBM will withdraw support for the WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances 3.8.2 and 4.0.0 firmware levels.
Effective 30 September 2013, IBM will withdraw firmware support for the following WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances:
- XA35 firmware level 3.8.2
- XS40 firmware level 3.8.2
- XI50 firmware level 3.8.2
- XB60 firmware level 3.8.2
- XM70 firmware level 3.8.2
- XM70FC firmware levels 3.8.2
- XI50B firmware levels 3.8.2
- XI52 firmware levels 4.0.0
- XB62 firmware levels 4.0.0
Remote Technical assistance (Q&A, usage) as well as fixpack support provided through the IBM firmware services and support organization will be withdrawn for the 3.8.2 and 4.0.0 firmware levels on 30 September 2013.
Customers running 3.8.2 or 4.0.0 (or any earlier version) are advised to plan to upgrade to the latest supported releases of WebSphere DataPower firmware in order to continue receiving technical support as well as proactively avoiding problems that are already resolved.
Refer to Supported Firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for more information.
IBM recommends that users consider applying the 4.0.1 latest fixpack version (or later) of the firmware. Of course, in the case of upgrading firmware for any critical embedded system, IBM recommends that users test their configurations and surrounding applications before moving into production. To easily find the latest fixpack levels, please use this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21237631 .
In addition, refer to the following documents:
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance Support Lifecycle
- Critical updates for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA appliances (for guidance when migration to a later firmware level)