If you have a fragment in IBM Rational Software Architect that contains a link to an IBM Rational Requisite Pro project, the synchronization process will delay the opening of the fragment.
The following steps reproduce the problem:
- Load a Requisite Pro project into Rational Software Architect's Requirements perspective
- Create a UML project and model
- Add two packages to the model, Package1 and Package2
- Create a dependency relation ship from Package2 to Package1
- Create fragments from the two packages
- Add a use case in Package1
- Create a direct link from the use case to a UC requirement in the Requisite Pro project
- Close the model
- Edit the text in the requirement from Step 7
- Open the model
- Expand Package2
Result: As expected, Package1 will open automatically and the Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box will appear
- Select the Use Requirement radio button and Click OK
Expected Result: The use case's Properties > Documentation reflects the change in the requirement's text from Step 9. An asterisk appears next to the model to show that the model has been modified.
Actual Result: The use case's Properties > Documentation reflects the change in the requirement's text from Step 9. However, no asterisk appears next to the model to show that the model has changed.
- Close the model and repeat Steps 10 & 11
Expected Result: The Package1 is opened and no Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box appears
Actual Result: The Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box does appear and the use case's Properties > Documentation does not reflect the change made in Step 12.
As a result of this incorrect synchronization, it can take up to 10 minutes to open a fragment with a link to a Requisite Pro project for larger models.
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM73481.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds:
- Close the Requisite Pro project and then open the model fragment
- Follow these steps to set Synchronization Policy to None:
1. Open the Requisite Pro project
2. Right click on the Requisite Pro project and select Properties > Synchronization Policy
3. Select None from the Synchronization Policy drop down for each applicable Requirement Type
4. Click Apply and OK
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect||Integrations: IBM||Windows||8.0|
|Software Development||Rational Software Modeler||Integrations: IBM||Windows||22.214.171.124|