If you have a fragment in IBM Rational Software Architect that contains a link to an IBM Rational Requisite Pro project, the synchronization process will delay the opening of the fragment.
The following steps reproduce the problem:
- Load a Requisite Pro project into Rational Software Architect's Requirements perspective
- Create a UML project and model
- Add two packages to the model, Package1 and Package2
- Create a dependency relation ship from Package2 to Package1
- Create fragments from the two packages
- Add a use case in Package1
- Create a direct link from the use case to a UC requirement in the Requisite Pro project
- Close the model
- Edit the text in the requirement from Step 7
- Open the model
- Expand Package2
Result: As expected, Package1 will open automatically and the Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box will appear
- Select the Use Requirement radio button and Click OK
Expected Result: The use case's Properties > Documentation reflects the change in the requirement's text from Step 9. An asterisk appears next to the model to show that the model has been modified.
Actual Result: The use case's Properties > Documentation reflects the change in the requirement's text from Step 9. However, no asterisk appears next to the model to show that the model has changed.
- Close the model and repeat Steps 10 & 11
Expected Result: The Package1 is opened and no Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box appears
Actual Result: The Requisite Pro Requirement Synchronization dialog box does appear and the use case's Properties > Documentation does not reflect the change made in Step 12.
As a result of this incorrect synchronization, it can take up to 10 minutes to open a fragment with a link to a Requisite Pro project for larger models.
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM73481.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds:
- Close the Requisite Pro project and then open the model fragment
- Follow these steps to set Synchronization Policy to None:
1. Open the Requisite Pro project
2. Right click on the Requisite Pro project and select Properties > Synchronization Policy
3. Select None from the Synchronization Policy drop down for each applicable Requirement Type
4. Click Apply and OK
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect||Integrations: IBM||Windows||8.0|
|Software Development||Rational Software Modeler||Integrations: IBM||Windows||126.96.36.199|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.