The SET_PLAN_HINT stored procedure is a common SQL API stored procedure that validates and deploys optimization hints for SQL statements.
The following topics are added or updated to support this function:
- SET_PLAN_HINT stored procedure (new)
- BIND QUERY (DSN)
- DB2-supplied stored procedures and user-defined functions
- DB2 administration routines panel: DSNTIPRL
- Additional steps for enabling the common SQL API stored procedures
- DSNA686I (new)
- Creating input EXPLAIN tables under a separate schema (New)
- Looking up statement-level optimization hints
- Specifying statement-level optimization parameters
- Suggesting access paths by creating statement level access path hints
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.