In ITM 622 FP07 and later and 6.23 FP01, after 5 failed SOAP login requests subsequent hub TEMS authentication requests are locked out for a 30 minute time period.
Linux and UNIX systems:
1. Edit <ITM HOME>/config/<tems-hostname>_ms_<temsname>.config
2. Update the variable KDHS_MAX_FAILED_LOGINS. Specify the number of invalid logins required, maximum value is 2147483646.
3. Update the variable KDHS_ACCOUNT_LOCKOUT_PERIOD. Specify the time period for the lockout, minimum value is 1.
4. Restart the TEMS.
1. Select the monitoring agent that you want to update in the Manage Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Services window.
2. Right-click and select Advanced > Edit Variables.
3. Click Add.
4. Update the variable KDHS_MAX_FAILED_LOGINS. Specify the number of invalid logins required to lockout in the Value field, maximum value is 2147483646.
5. Update the variable KDHS_ACCOUNT_LOCKOUT_PERIOD. Specify the time period for the lockout in the Value field. The minimum value is 1.
6. Click OK.
7. Click OK again.
APAR IV27701 has been created to solve this problem and will be delivered in ITM 6.23 FP2.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.