Restore deleted mailbox messages with Fastback for Microsoft Exchange
How to restore emails from a previously deleted mailbox using Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback for Microsoft Exchange?
When you restore emails from a previously deleted mailbox to an online mailbox with same name using Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Exchange, the restored emails are not visible when FastBack for Microsoft Exchange is closed.
You cannot restore emails from a previously deleted mailbox to an online mailbox that has the same name as the deleted mailbox.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue you need to restore the emails to another mailbox first, then copy the restored emails to the online mailbox which has the same name as the previously deleted mailbox. The following steps show you how to do this:
- Follow the recovery process preparation steps outlined in the Getting Started section of the FastBack for Microsoft Exchange information center, available here:
- Open FastBack for Microsoft Exchange and select the previously deleted mailbox (for example, test001). FastBack for Exchange displays a warning message that the operation might take up to 15 minutes to complete. Click Yes to continue.
- Open another online mailbox on the lower panel or use a .pst file.
- Restore the mailbox test10001 to another online mailbox or .pst file. For the .pst file operations, please refer the "Opening or creating a Personal Folders file" section of the information center, available here:
- After the restore is complete, close FastBack for Microsoft Exchange.
- Copy the restored messages to the online mailbox ( called test1001 in this example) from the mailbox or pst file used in step 4. This operation is not related to FastBack for Microsoft Exchange, and it should be done via Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Express.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Microsoft Exchange
Software version: 5.5, 6.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1611385
Modified date: 15 August 2016