User runs a consolidation. User opens the batch queue, and notices that the consolidation "Finished with Error". User double-clicks on the batch job and there is an error in the "details" section.
The message may vary slightly, but it will be similar to:
Connectivity error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKNC_XDB12'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'cognos.xdb12'
Scenario #3 - inside the "logvfp.log" file (located on the Controller application server)
COGNOS CONTROLLER Technical log - Consolidation modules
***** Date: 2012/09/11 Time: 11:17:40 *****
1 - PROCEDURE MAIN.RUNKONSOL C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\IBM\COGNOS\C10\SERVER\LIBS\FRANGOLIB.VCT - Line 86
2 - PROCEDURE KONSOLPS KONSOLPS.FXP - Line 555
3 - EVENTMAINS.FXP - Line 83
4 - FEVENT005S.FXP - Line 102
5 - PROCEDURE FEVENT0059 FEVENT005S.FXP - Line 834
6 - FEVENTUPDS.FXP - Line 195
7 - FPSQL.FXP - Line 329
8 - PROCEDURE INSSQLXDB FPSQL.FXP - Line 400
9 - PROCEDURE FSQLERR FSQLERR.FXP - Line 86
Program statement: Not available, c:\program files (x86)\ibm\cognos\c10\server\progs\fsqlerr.prg not found
Error number: 2005
Message text: Connectivity error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKNC_XDB12'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'cognos.xdb12'.
There are several possible causes for the generic error "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKNC_XDBxx'":
- Scenario #1 - Automatic journals were migrated from consolidator where a number was not needed. In Controller a number is required.
- For more details, see separate IBM Technote #1335835.
- Scenario #2 - Customer had uploaded a transaction currency which was not logical.
- For more details, see separate IBM Technote #1361654.
- Scenario #3 - Code production problem (APAR reference PM72924) triggered when using event E800 (Swedish method for moving amounts between restricted and unrestricted equity).
- This is triggered by changes in the company structure
- TIP: E800 is very rarely used, even in Sweden, after IFRS has gained popularity
Resolving the problem
Update automatic journals
- See separate IBM Technote #1335835.
Contact IBM Support for more assistance.
- See separate (internal) IBM Technote #1361654.
Upgrade to Controller 10.1.1 FP1 (10.1.1671) or later.
Inactivate E800 for the OS structure.
- NOTE: The consolidation will then run OK, but no etyp 80 journals will be created.
- Therefore, this will have to be handled manually (if necessary).
- Click "Maintain - Configuration - Automatic Journals - Define"
- Select E800
- Tick/check "Exclude the Automatic Journal from the Specific Consolidation Types"
- Mark "OS" in the list
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.