Changing the IBM Rational Team Concert defect workflow affects task display in plans in Eclipse client
In the Rational Team Concert Eclipse client, change the Work Flow of defect in the process of the Project Area as follows:
- Change the State "Resolved" so that it belongs to the Group Open. There will only be a state "Verified" that belongs to Group "Closed"
- Save the process
- Log out and close the eclipse client
- Log in again. Go to Plans and Open for example "BRM Sprint 2 (1.0)" Plan in the Eclipse client
- Go to view Taskboard and make sure that "Resolved Work Items” is excluded in the view.
- Drag and drop a WI of type defect to the "Done" column. The WI disappears from the view. This is the expected behavior
- Drag and drop a WI of type Task to the Done column. The WI does not disappear from the view. This is the defect, this is not expected behavior.
Note: The workflow of Task has not changed but the change of the workflow defect has affected the workflow of Task.
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM66693, it will be resolved with Rational Team Concert (RTC) 126.96.36.199
Resolving the problem
To work around this issue:
- For Defect workflow, rename the "Resolved" state to "Resolved_Invalid"
- For Defect workflow, create a New state Resolved.
- a. Create a new action to allow the state change from "Resolved_Invalid" to "Resolved".
- b. Make sure all the actions "Resolved_Invalid" are allowed for "Resolved".
- c. You can keep this state in the "Open Group".
- d. Create the action for which the "Resolved_Invalid" is target and create new ones with "Resolved" as target
- Delete the state "Resolved_Invalid" from the process specification. It will prompt to show the affected work items.
- Change the state of all the work items in "Resolved_Invalid" to "Resolved".
- Delete the "Resolved_Invalid" state and new action.