MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). These documents contain a list of the documentation you should gather so IBM PureApplication System Support can diagnose your specific problem. These documents might also include diagnostic tips that will aid in diagnosing and solving problems.
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps PureApplication System Support quickly determine if:
- Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery)
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved
- There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity
- Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix
Resolving the problem
Gathering problem documentation
Use the following MustGather technote:
- MustGather for IBM PureApplication System. Used for all problems.
- MustGather for IBM PureApplication System Deployment Problems. Used for problems when using Virtual Systems, Virtual Applications, or Shared Services.
- MustGather IP On-Demand Collection with PureApplication Systems. Used when requested by IBM PureApplication System support.
Contacting IBM Support
Use the following technotes to contact IBM Support and send in the MustGather information:
- Contacting IBM PureApplication System Support to open a PMR.
- Exchanging information with IBM PureApplication System Technical Support for problem determination. Do not send any confidential information from your company. IBM Support will provide you with a PMR number to with this technote. Our recommendation is to use the Java utility to upload PureApplication System collections.
Preparing for an IBM CE visit, if needed
IBM support might dispatch an IBM CE to replace a part. To prepare for an IBM CE visit, read our topic "Enabling account access for the IBM CE" in our Information Center.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.