MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving service requests. These documents contain a list of the documentation you should gather so IBM PureApplication System Support can diagnose your specific problem. These documents might also include diagnostic tips that will aid in diagnosing and solving problems.
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the service request, helps PureApplication System Support quickly determine if:
- Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
Resolving the problem
Gathering problem documentation:
Describe the problem you are encountering. Use these MustGather technotes based on the problem you are experiencing:
- Prepare a description of the problem. Our technote will help you organize your problem information.
- MustGather for IBM PureApplication System Deployment Problems. Used for problems when using Virtual Systems, Virtual Applications, or Shared Services.
- MustGather: Component level logs for V1.1 PureApplication System. Used for problems with the system hardware, Virtualization Manager Instance (several), ESXi Management Access Point (several), etc.
- MustGather for IBM PureApplication System. Used for all other problems.
- MustGather Component level logs for V1.0 PureApplication Systems V1.0. Used when requested by IBM PureApplication System support for systems running V1.0.
Contacting IBM Support
Use the following technotes to contact IBM Support and send in the MustGather information:
- Contacting IBM PureApplication System Support to open a PMR.
- Use the IBM Secure Diagnostic Data Upload Utility also called the Java Utility to upload the PureApplication System collections to greatly reduce the time to upload large files.
- Exchanging information with IBM PureApplication System Technical Support for problem determination.
- Do not send any confidential information from your company.
Preparing for an IBM CE visit, if needed
IBM support might dispatch an IBM CE to replace a part. To prepare for an IBM CE visit, read our topic "Enabling account access for the IBM CE" in our Information Center.