A new version of the Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for TSRM will be available to download from November 30, 2012
Support for the the zLinux operating system added to the TSRM Gateway when installed with the Netcool/OMNIbus 7.4 eAssembly package.
Note: Packages on the Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 eAssembly do not have zLinux support.
Documentation updated for installing the gateway and package dependencies on various versions of Netcool/OMNIbus in the following topics:
- Summary table.
- Installing the gateway.
- The README.txt file contained in the TSRM Gateway package.
- The description.txt file contained in the TSRM Gateway package.
The following APARs were addressed in this release and are incorporated into the TSRM Gateway packages available from the Netcool/OMNIbus 7.4 eAssembly:
Note: Packages on the Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 eAssembly do not have these APAR fixes.
- IZ99006: The TSRM gateway query searches for greater than ChangeDate granular down to the second and the TSRM dates in the database are stored with subseconds. The events ticketed within the last second will continue to be updated in the Object Server until more events are ticketed.
- IV02290: Added stacktrace as String for tracing SSL connections.
- IV03530: Added the Gate.TSRM.DateTimeFormat property to handle the date time format for TSRM servers.
- IV03922: Added logging of the number of TSRM bound operations being processed by the gateway.
- IV06270: Added stacktrace for TSRM gateway connections.
- IV06667: Added stacktrace for TSRM gateway on Northbound processing errors.
- IV07586: Added Debugging Error Message For Exceptions.
- IV08346: Updated the Gate.TSRM.Password property to no longer use environment variables.
- IV08210: If the gateway throws an unknown exception when processing northbound notifications it will log the details of the exception and shutdown the gateway.
- IV10206: Updated the TSRM gateway so that retries of using Maximo object relationships do not result in incorrect XML requests.
- IV18176: The gateway disables authentication if username and password are empty and creates a work log task to provide consistent behaviour.
Documentation improved to support the configuration of the following Gateway for TSRM functionality:
- Bidirectional support.
- Configuring TSRM to receive journal entries from Netcool/OMNIbus.
- Creating service requests and incidents
- Mapping attributes
Licensing has changed with the release of Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4. Additional information may be found in the announcement letter US reference 212-459 dated 27th November 2012..
You can download the gateway package from the IBM Passport Advantage website:
The part numbers for both the old package and the new package are given in the table below. The part number that you download depends on which version of Netcool/OMNIbus that you have installed, because that determines which eAssembly you can access when you visit the IBM Passport Advantage website. The previous package is still currently available on the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 Multiplatform Multilingual eAssembly. The new package is available on the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Data Exchange Tier eAssembly.
To obtain the appropriate gateway package, search for the part number that corresponds to your Operating System and to the eAssemby that you have access to.
|None Available||CIDT0EN||Linux for zSeries|
Note: Some versions of some web browsers can introduce random characters into text copied from web pages to the clipboard. In such cases, if you copy and paste part numbers from this release notice into Passport Advantage search fields, the search engine might not return the correct result. If you are encountering problems locating packages in Passport Advantage, remove any characters generated by the copy-paste operation before searching, or manually enter the part numbers into the search field.
If, for any other reason, you cannot find installation packages in Passport Advantage, contact eCustomer care using the contact information on the following website:
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.