IBM Support may ask you to obtain a collection set for a PureApplication System component to debug a problem with the PureApplication System product. IBM Support will provide you with the IP address of the component.
Resolving the problem
IBM Support may ask you to obtain an IP On-Demand collection to debug a problem with the PureApplication System product. IBM Support will provide you with an IP address to use as input to the IP address field when this type of problem data is needed.
Note: To preform these steps, you must be assigned the Hardware administration role with permission to View all hardware resources (Read-only) to perform these steps.
Gather the following information to expedite problem resolution.
- Export the system events:
- From the PureApplication System: System Console > System > Events
- Click on the export icon and follow the prompts to save this information.
- Infrastructure Map:
- From the Web Console: System Console > Hardware > Infrastructure Map
- Save a screen capture of the hardware maps.
- Obtain the IP Collection Set. This collection set contains the traces and log files IBM Support will use to debug the problem. These files can be large and you will need to FTP the files to IBM.
- Access the Web Console and click on: System Console > System > Troubleshooting
- From Troubleshooting, the System Log section is expanded.
- Click on: Collect Log.
- The Request System Logs dialogue box is displayed.
- The default collection set is Management. Change this to "IP"
- For the IP address, enter the IP address provided by IBM support.
- Click ok to gather this information.
- The dialogue box closes.
- On the Troubleshooting page, the Collection Set table will show the request as pending.
- After the request changes to Available, then under the Action column, click on the "download" icon, and follow the prompts to save the file.
- Contact IBM Support. See Contacting IBM PureApplication System Support to open a Problem Management Record (PMR).
- Using the PMR number provided, send in the problem documentation you have gathered. Do not send any confidential information from your company. Use the IBM Secure Diagnostic Data Upload Utility also called the Java Utility to upload the PureApplication System collections to greatly reduce the time to upload large files.