Get PATH environment variable error message when installing the J2EE DC.
This document applies only to the following language version(s):
Get PATH environment variable error message when installing the J2EE DC
Can't install the J2EE DC.
This error happens because the PATH environment variable has exceeded the MS limit of 1023 characters.
Distributed - Windows only
Diagnosing the problem
This error happens because the PATH variable has exceeded the MS limit of 1023 characters. This is the error message you will see during the install.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the problem, edit your PATH variable to something smaller. Please follow these steps:
1. Open up your Notepad window and copy your PATH environment variable in here.
2. Count the number of characters in your PATH environment variable. You can copy all the characters and paste it into the box here at this website to count the bytes/characters:
You'll see that your count has exceeded 1023 bytes.
3. You'll have to edit the PATH to make it something smaller than 1023 bytes. Try changing the "Program Files" in your path to something smaller like "Progra~1". Look for other similar path edits.
4. Save your less than 1023 bytes new PATH environment variable back to your Windows system.
5. Now proceed your J2EE DC install again, this time it should work just fine with a smaller PATH.
Note: There is an APAR IZ57602 which fixes this problem on Unix but you have to use this technote for a Windows installation.
ITCAM for J2EE
More support for:
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for J2EE
ITCAM J2EE JBOSS
Software version: 7.1.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1610058
Modified date: 03 August 2015