When a Clarity user is trying to open a particular report either in Clarity or in Visualizer Builder, the following error appears : "Query (11,1) Parser: The syntax for 'Select' is incorrect." This error does not allow the Clarity user to run or edit the report.
When running a particular visualizer report in Clarity or Visualizer Builder, the following error appears : Piped error : System.Exception: The control Clarity.Viz.WinForms.ControlImplementaions.NevronChartForWin has thrown and unhandled exception in the designer and has been disabled. Exception : Server was unable to process request --> Query (11,1) Parser: The syntax for 'Select' is incorrect
This issue may be caused if the user created a calculated member in Visualizer Builder but does not manage to finish it and saves the report.
Clarity 7.x, Visualizer Server and Builder 7.x
Diagnosing the problem
- log into Clarity or open Visualizer Builder
- load or open a visualizer report
- observe if the error mentioned above is displayed
Resolving the problem
- log into the Clarity application Server
- go to Clarity Systems/ClarityServer/Web/Reports
- backup and edit (using notepad) the visualizer report xml file (.cpmviz)
- check the Calculated Members tag integrity as per the example below (<CalculatedMembers>) :
<CalculatedMemberSpec Name="Better / (Worse) to Budget">
<CalculatedMemberSpec Name="(Over) / Under Budget">
- correct the tags if needed (if they do not have all the elements above)
- save the report
- re-open the modified visualizer report in Clarity and Visualizer Builder
- observe if it is working properly
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.