When trying to view the audit trail snapshot for a template, Internet Explorer freezes and the user has to forcefully shut it down and re-log into Clarity Server
When a user is trying to view the audit trail of a particular template from Administration -> Audit trail -> Audit Trail by Template, Internet Explorer freezes and the user needs to end the process, and re-open another IE session. This can occur on particular templates and for all users.
Internet Explorer freezes when a user is trying to view the audit trail snapshot of a certain template.
This issue may be occurring due to unsupported Office Web Components Excel formatting on the template's Excel Spreadsheet.
Clarity 7.0.1.x, Windows 2008
Diagnosing the problem
- Load a template into Clarity which has Audit Trail enabled from Studio;
- Save values;
- Go to Administration - Audit Trail - Audit Trail by template;
- Select the filters to display the saved template;
- Click on the view audit trail details button to see the snapshot;
- Observe if Internet Explorer freezes or the snapshot opens properly
Resolving the problem
- Open the template's Excel sheet in Excel, select all and clear the formatting (from the Home tab -> Clear -> Clear Formats);
- Save the sheet, open the template and save in Clarity;
- Check if audit trail is working;
- Re-build the template formatting manually.
Translate this page: