IBM SmartCloud Cost Management V2.1 Release Notes
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 is now available. Compatibility, installation and other getting started issues are addressed in this document.
- Migrating to SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1
- System requirements
- Installing SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1
- Getting Started
- Known Problems
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 builds on the resource accounting, Cost allocation, showback, and chargeback billing coverage provided by IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager Enterprise Edition V7.3.
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 introduces new data collection, rate management, reports and processing capabilities.
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 features can be used to interactively analyze, report and invoice the utilization and costs of end-to-end IT resources.
New IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 capabilities:
- Rebranded with SmartCloud to IBM SmartCloud Cost Management.
- Added the IBM Common Launchpad to the installation DVD to guide the user through the different options available.
- Support for 64-bit installs.
- Support for TIP 220.127.116.11, including Mozilla Firefox ESR 10.
- New high-scale low-touch SmartCloud Provisioning Data Collector.
- Enhancements to the following collectors - KVM Collector, VMware Collector, UNIX/Linux Collectors.
- Test Button added to "Collector – Web Service" Data Source Panel which provides a means to verify VMware connection prior to running the job file
- Support for VMware vCenter 5.0.
- New Rates Management UI :
- Support for Historical Rates.
- Tiered pricing is now extended through the creation of Tiered Rates and in the Processing Engine.
- The ability to import Rates and Rate Groups from a template.
- Support for longer field lengths.
- The default Rate table to be used can now be set in the Bill program.
- Enhancements to Cognos reports.
- Updates to Cognos reports to support Historical Rates and Tiered pricing.
- Additional Cognos reports covering graphs, trends and budgets.
- 2 sets of example reports provided, that can be used to create dashboards
- Support for automated conversions.
The following list of APARs have been resolved in IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 :
- APAR#IV16118 - Duplicate Rate in the RateToRateGroup table causes SQLCODE=-1477
- APAR#IV16099 - THE DETAIL BY MULTIPLE IDENTIFIER REPORT IS NOT PRODUCING VALID RESULTS WITH RESULTS A MULTIPLE OF THE NUMBER OF RATE TABLES.
- APAR#IV18313 - TUAM SUPPORT FOR AIX CHANGE IN 'PS' COMMAND OUTPUT WHICH REMOVES TRAILING WHITESPACE
- APAR#IV12704 - INTEGRATOR SCAN STEP IN TUAM JOBS ARE FAILING WHEN THE FILE NAMES BEING CONSOLIDATED CONTAINS THE DATE WITH YEAR 2012.
- APAR#IV10129 - SECURITY PROBLEMS WITH TUAM TO BE ADDRESSED WITH THIS APAR
- APAR#IV10016 - BLANK NULL WINDOW WHEN INSTALLING THE WINPROCES COLLECTOR
- APAR#IV09344 - JOBRUNNER HANGS WHEN USING THE STAGE CREATEIDENTIFIERFROMTABLE AND THE INPUT TABLE HAS AN ENTRY WITH A SLASH "/"
- APAR#IV09339 - WHEN MULTIPLE JOBRUNNERS ARE SUBMITTED VIA THE TIP, MESSAGES FROM ONE JOB IS LOGGED INTO THE OTHE
- APAR#IV08741 - LOAD TRACKING DELETING THE WRONG LOAD WHEN USINGTHE TIP INTERFACE
- APAR#IV08177 - THE LOAD TRACKING FILTER BY SOURCE FEED FAILS. THE OTHER FILTERS WORK.
- APAR#IV06820 - PRORATION FUNCTION GENERATING NEGATIVE VALUES ERRONEOUSLY
- APAR#IV03142 - WHEN USING SKIPRECORDS, THE JOB SKIPS THE RECORDSBUT INSERTS AN EMPTY ROW.
- APAR#IV01407 - USER LOGGED IN UNDER ONE GROUP CAN SEE DATA FOR ANOTHER GROUP BY CHANGING A KNOWN USERID FROM ANOTHER GROUP IN THE URL STRING
Migrating to IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1
The Information Center chapter "Migrating to SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 " covers the migration from Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.3 to version IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1.
Migration from CIMS Server and Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 6.1 and older
If you are migrating to IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 from versions prior to Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager 7.1.x or CIMS Server, you must follow the migration path outlined in the Migrating from version 6.1.1 (or earlier) section of the IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 Information Center.
This must be done to ensure that your database is successfully converted to the UNICODE format that is now used by IBM SmartCloud Cost Management. In addition, there are other important compatibility issues outlined in the migration section.
For information about hardware and software compatibility, see the detailed system requirements in the Installation section in the IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 Information Center.
Separate requirements are provided for Linux and UNIX and Windows Server platforms.
Installing SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1
For step-by-step installation instructions, see the installation topics in the SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 Information Center: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.sccm.doc_2.1/install/c_installing.html
The following information will help you to get started using SmartCloud Cost Management V2.1. For more information on configuring SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 and getting started using the application, see the configuration topics in the SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 Information Center:
Start the Administration Console to set up and configure the SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1:
Start an Internet Explorer or Firefox Web browser, and type http://<hostname>:16310/ibm/console/ in the address bar. In this case <hostname> defines the server that is running the Administration Console.
If your port number is not the default 16310, replace 16310 with the correct port number.
- When using the new Rate Tables UI in Microsoft Internet Explorer, the user may see caching issues where new items/changes are not immediately visible in the UI. The workaround is to change a setting in IE. Under Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Settings > Check for newer versions of stored pages, make sure "Every time I visit the webpage" is selected, rather than "Automatically".
- If Tivoli Common Reporting v2.1.1 is accessed from a browser not on the same box as the Tivoli Common Reporting installation, then Tivoli Common Reporting Interim Fix 2 must be installed. Interim Fix 2 can be downloaded from Fix Central here.
- When using the new Rate Tables Maintenance panel, in the main tree table it is not possible to edit the Rate Group description. If you edit the Rate Group description any edits to other fields in the tree table are not saved correctly. If you do edit the Rate Group description, we recommend you to refresh the tree table before editing any other fields.
- The installation of Role and Policy Modeler fails on a system with a Turkish locale. Workaround: Change your system locale to English for the installation. When the installation completes, change the locale back to Turkish.
- For installations where Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager is upgraded to SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1, users may see rendering issues in the Administration Console, these are due to UI changes in SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1. The issues can be easily rectified by clearing the browser cache.
- When using the new Rate Tables UI, occasionally a message may be displayed saying “Sorry, an error has occurred”. If you see this message, we recommend you logout and log back into the Administration console UI.
- If a user selects a context menu on a portlet window using >> and then moves to a different portlet window, the context menu will remain on the new portlet window. The workaround is to click on the new portlet window and the context menu will disappear.
- The user may see the following error when launching a portlet window: "The portlet page is not ready". The workaround is to close the portlet window and relaunch it.
- The user may see the following error when launching a portlet window: "An error occurred - Check the log for additional information". The workaround is to close the portlet window and relaunch it.
- If the Administration Console session times out, it is necessary for the user to enter their login details twice in order to log back into the Administration Console.
- In the Administration console, some tables may be displayed with the header and column misaligned. The workaround is to drag the header to match the column.
- There is no path to upgrade the DB2 z/OS database. We are working to provide this in a future Fix Pack.
- Issue when viewing the Run Total Invoice report in Microsoft Report Viewer in Turkish Locale. When the report is run, no Rate information is displayed and the text "Error" is displayed in the report instead. The report displays correctly in Turkish Locale when using Cognos reporting.
Feature Gaps between the legacy Rate and Rate Group User Interface and the new Rate Tables User Interface
In the new Rate Tables User Interface it's not possible to
- Duplicate a rate table.
- Delete an entire rate table.
- Update a rates Index field.
- Move a rate between rate groups.
- Change the rate group sequence.
Restrictions on existing features when using the New Rate User Interface
These restrictions include:
- Rate tables must have a name less than 8 characters.
- Rates must have a rate code less than 8 characters.
- Only the current effective rate is available. Rates effective in the past or future are not available.
- Tiered rate functionality from this release is not available (E.g The TierResources Integrator stage).
The following features have these restrictions :
- Windows Web Reporting – see details below.
- Financial Modeler can only work with rates which conform to the above restrictions.
- Transactions can only be associated with rates which conform to the above restrictions. When transactions are processed they will use the value of the current effective rate they are associated with.
- Client Resource Budgets can only be associated with rates which conform to the above restrictions.
Restrictions using Web Reporting
Window Web Reporting contains the capability restrictions mentioned when using the New Rates UI. To facilitate avoiding these restrictions the user may still use the legacy Rate and Rate Group User Interfaces.
The "Enable Web Reporting" option in the "Cost Management Configuration" portlet is disabled by default when SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 is installed.
If the option is enabled by the user:
- The legacy Rate and Rate Group portlets will be available so that the user can define rates which conform to Web Reporting expectations.
- A warning message will be displayed on the new Rate Table portlet indicating that a number of the User Interface capabilities are not consistent with the use of Web Reporting.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base. As problems are discovered and resolved, the IBM Support team updates the knowledge base. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following link launches a customized query of the live Support knowledge base:
Contacting customer support
For information about how to contact IBM Software support, see the Contacting IBM Software Support topic in the IBM SmartCloud Cost Management 2.1 Information Center:
http:// pic.dhe.ibm .com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.sccm.doc_2.1/welcome.htm