Unable to connect to a local IBM ECM FileNet P8 Content Engine (CE) server with FileNet Enterprise Manager (FEM), when Microsoft© Windows is configured to use a proxy server, or when the exclusion list set in Internet Options is failing to work.
You are unable to connect to a local Content Engine server, receiving the following error:
Unable to logon to the P8 Domain. Please ensure that the Server URL is correct and the AppServer is running.
with the following Details:
A network error occurred when issuing a web server request. The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required.
when using FQDN or IP respectively.
FEM is using Microsoft© .Net configuration for its proxy, but does not include the exceptions list from Microsoft© Internet Explorer (IE) in its Internet Options to determine the proxy settings.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue, you must set the proxy exclusions list in Windows as follows;
A: Setting Internet Options
1. Open the Run command (Win+R) and enter "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotes).
2. In the new window, click the "Connections" tab.
3. Click "LAN settings" under Local Area Network (LAN) settings.
4. Ensuring "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is checked and "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" is unchecked, click the "Advanced" button.
5. In the new window, add your local CE server (non-proxy) to the Exceptions list and click OK.
6. Click OK again to close the LAN Settings and again to close Internet Properties.
NOTE: If you still receive the error, be aware that FEM receives its settings via the .Net Proxy configuration or by Group Policy.
B: Setting by Group Policy
Group Policy can be set in Administrative Tools. The proxy settings are held under Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > Connection > Proxy Settings. Again, add the CE Server to the exclusions.
C: Setting via Registry
1. Open the Run command (Win +R) and enter "Regedit" (without quotes).
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
3. Open ProxyOverride (or create one as Reg_SZ if the entry does not exist) and fill in the URL values of your CE Servers, separating the entries with semi-colons.
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Data Type: Reg_SZ
Failing this, ensure the .Net configuration is up-to-date and is configured to allow the CE server through.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.