You are having a security problem with IBM Business Process Manager. For example, you might be having problems logging into Process Portal, Process Admin console, Process Center console or to IBM Process Designer. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the IBM Business Process Manager Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Diagnosing the problem
Collect the troubleshooting information for security problems in IBM Business Process Manager. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps in understanding the problem and saves time when analyzing the data.
|Setting the trace string|
Set the trace string to *=info:WLE.wle_security=finest
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors. Disable this trace after collecting the requested information.
To set the tracing and generate a new set of logs and traces, complete the following steps for the servers or clusters that show the issue:
- In the Integrated Solutions Console, under Troubleshooting > Log and Trace, pick the server for which you want to change the settings.
- Click Change Log Detail Levels.
- Select the configuration tab to set the tracing. This change takes effect after the next server restart and a completely new set of log files can be collected. Optionally, select the runtime tab to dynamically set the tracing.
- Enter the trace string and click OK.
- If you selected the configuration tab, stop the server.
- Archive and delete the current logs/traces/ffdc from the following directories:
- Start the server and check the trace.log file to make sure that the correct tracing is set.
- Reproduce the problem and note down the timestamp. Check the trace.log file to ensure that the time of the issue is covered in the file and gather the complete server log files and ffdc directory.
- Delete the trace string from the Log Detail Level for your server.
Note: Ensure that you have set the Maximum trace file size (recommendation: 20MB) as well as the number of historical trace files (recommendation: 30) to an appropriate value. You can find those values at Servers > Application Servers > server_name > Diagnostic Trace Service.
|General diagnostic information|
Collect the general troubleshooting information as described in Collect troubleshooting data for the IBM Business Process Manager products.
|What to do next|
- Review the log files and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Express||Security||Linux, Windows||8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Standard||Security||AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||8.0.1, 8.0, 7.5.1, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM BPM Advanced Pattern on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server||Security||Linux Red Hat - xSeries||8.0|