When you attempt to install IBM Rational ClearCase with Global Monitor, the Global Monitor configuration panel fails to validate the values added and allows you to continue even if the panel is incomplete. If the panel is incomplete, the Installation Manager operations fail.
The Installation Manager operations Update, Modify, Uninstall, and Rollback fail with the error, "Enter a port number."
The Global Monitor configuration panel fails to identify a complete and valid set of values.
Resolving the problem
This issue has been fixed in 18.104.22.168.
- Copy the following files to new file names:
- Open installed.xml for editing
- Find the line
<location id='IBM Rational SDLC' kind='product' path='/opt/ibm/RationalSDLC'>
If the install location is other than the default, path shows a value different from /opt/ibm/RationalSDLC.
- Nested below the location element, verify that the following properties are present, with the values shown here:
<property name='user.CC_GMLocation,com.ibm.rational.clearcase.sun5' value='/opt/IBM/ITM'/>
<property name='user.CC_GMHostname,com.ibm.rational.clearcase.sun5' value='hostname'/>
<property name='user.CC_GMPort,com.ibm.rational.clearcase.sun5' value='1916'/>
where hostname is the name of the host on which Global Monitor is installed. Port 1916 is the default port for Global Monitor; specify another port if applicable.
- Open installRegistry.xml for editing and make the same changes that you made in installed.xml.
- Restart Installation Manager.
- Start the Update, Modify or Uninstall operation, as appropriate.