Collecting troubleshooting data for problems with IBM PureApplication System. Gathering this information before calling IBM Support will help familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Gather the following information to expedite problem resolution.
- Prepare a description of the problem. Our technote will help you organize your problem information.
- List the steps leading up to the problem.
- Provide the day and time the problem occurred.
- Capture the Web Console screens showing the error or capture the series of screens showing the steps to leading to the error. Expand all sections and remember to scroll down and capture all of the pages.
- Obtain the Collection Sets:
The Collection sets contain the traces and log files IBM Support will use to debug the problem. These files can be large and you will need to FTP the files to IBM.
Important Note: If you have already uploaded the Collection Set to another PMR that included the timeframe when the new issue occurred, you may reference that PMR number rather than repeat these collection steps.
- Access the Web Console and click on: System Console > System > Troubleshooting
- From Troubleshooting, the System Log is expanded.
- Click on: Collect Log.
- The Request System Logs dialogue box is displayed.
- The default collection set is Management, change this to "COMPLETE" click ok to gather this information.
- The dialogue box closes.
- On the Troubleshooting page, the Collection Set table will show the request as pending.
- After the request changes to Available, then under the Action column, click on the "download" icon, and follow the prompts to save the file.
- Contact IBM Support. Reference our technote: Contacting IBM PureApplication System Support to open a PMR.
- Using the PMR number provided, send in the problem documentation you have gathered:
- Use the IBM Secure Diagnostic Data Upload Utility also called the Java Utility to upload the PureApplication System collections to greatly reduce the time to upload large files.
- Follow the steps our technote: Exchanging information with IBM PureApplication System Technical Support for problem determination.
- Do not send any confidential information from your company.