Attempts to import IBM Rational Life Cycle Package with Rational ClearCase licenses results in the error "cannot connect to the license server".
The full error message is as follows:
Flexlm error -15: cannot connect to the license server
IP address and hostname of the Rational License Server installed machine needs to be present in the hosts file.
Diagnosing the problem
Verify if the IP address and hostname of the Rational License Server installed machine is present in the hosts file.
Resolving the problem
Add the IP address and hostname of the IBM Rational License Key Server installed machine on the hosts file:
- Navigate to the following location "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc"
- Open the hosts file in notepad
- Add the IP address and then leave a space add the hostname of IBM Rational License Key Server installed machine below the existing contents of the hosts file
- Save the host file
- Navigate to Start > All programs > IBM Rational > License Tools
- Navigate to Start/Stop/Reread
- Click on Stop Server
- Click on Start Server