Lotus Notes 8.5.3 FP1 (also happened in 8.5.3)
1. Open the Notes Client
2. Click on the Day-At-A-Glance view and choose "Open in New Window" - to have it as a floating state
3. Continue to work on the Notes Client and then exit
4. Then try to restart the Notes Client
5. The Notes Client will initially appear to load, but once the floating Day-At-A-Glance window appears, the Client will crash suddenly.
The Notes Client will start loading and then disappear (crash) without automatically generating a NSD
Resolving the problem
This will allow you to re-open the Notes Client and permit you to turn off the floating state for the Day-At-A-Glance view:
1. Go to C:\notes\data\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.rcp.personality.framework\personalityWindowState
2. Use CTRL+F to find reference to "Day-At-A-Glance" in the file: com.ibm.rcp.platform.personality.config.xml
3. In the floating state, it will be outlined as follows:
<FloatingShelfState id="com.ibm.workplace.ui.sidecalendar.views.SideCalendarViewPart" title="Day-At-A-Glance"/>
4. To allow the Notes Client to successfully restart, change this setting to the following:
<RemovedShelfState id="com.ibm.workplace.ui.sidecalendar.views.SideCalendarViewPart" title="Day-At-A-Glance"/>
5. The effect of the above change in step 4. is to remove the Day-At-A-Glance window completely from display upon a client restart. It can be re-activated by going to View > Right Sidebar Panels and checking "Day-At-A-Glance". Provided that the Day-At-A-Glance window is not set to a floating state, the Notes Client will restart successfully again.
This issue is reported as not reproducible in Notes 8.5.4
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.