RequisitePro documents opened in Microsoft Word 2010 are displayed incorrectly
This technote explains why garbage text is displayed when an IBM Rational RequisitePro document is opened in Microsoft Word 2010 on a Windows 7 operation system.
The User Account Control (UAC) settings prevent access to the Rational RequisitePro documents.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds for this problem:
The first option is to disable User Account Control (UAC).
Note: By default, UAC is enabled in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
If you disable UAC before installing Rational RequisitePro, the Word documents in the sample projects display correctly.
To disable UAC, execute these steps:
- Click Start, then on the search label type msconfig to launch the System Configuration utility.
- In the System Configuration window, click the "Tools" tab. Select the line that contains Change User Account Control settings, and click the Launch button.
- In the next window, change the UAC settings by moving the slider down from Always notify to Never notify, and click OK. This disables UAC.
- Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility.
- When prompted, click Restart Now.
The second option is to launch RequisitePro with "Run as Administrator" mode.
More support for:
Software version: 7.1.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 7.1.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1607484
Modified date: 25 October 2012
Translate this page: