This technote explains why garbage text is displayed when an IBM Rational RequisitePro document is opened in Microsoft Word 2010 on a Windows 7 operation system.
The User Account Control (UAC) settings prevent access to the Rational RequisitePro documents.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds for this problem:
The first option is to disable User Account Control (UAC).
Note: By default, UAC is enabled in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
If you disable UAC before installing Rational RequisitePro, the Word documents in the sample projects display correctly.
To disable UAC, execute these steps:
- Click Start, then on the search label type msconfig to launch the System Configuration utility.
- In the System Configuration window, click the "Tools" tab. Select the line that contains Change User Account Control settings, and click the Launch button.
- In the next window, change the UAC settings by moving the slider down from Always notify to Never notify, and click OK. This disables UAC.
- Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility.
- When prompted, click Restart Now.
The second option is to launch RequisitePro with "Run as Administrator" mode.