In some situtations -- such as restoring from backup filesystem and not restoring xmeta -- 'ghost jobs' may appear in InfoSphere Information Server.
There are a few symptoms:
- jobs are visible in DataStage Designer and not visible in DataStage Director
- error 'cannot find job #jobname#' while opening the job in the DataStage Designer
- error message '(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself' during compilation of the job
During restoring of InfoShpere Information Server xmeta backup was not restored.
Resolving the problem
To solve the problem please do either:
- restore from backup xmeta database and file system from the same point of time
- use DStageWrepper.sh script as described here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/imv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.infosphere_is/infosphere_is/8.5/configuration/ManuallyDeleteDS_Job/player.html
- use ISALite
Utilities -> Detect and remove invalid Information Server 8.0.1/8.1 DataStage projects or
Utilities -> Detect issues, view issues, and fix invalid Information Server 8.5/8.7 DataStage
ISALite can be found here: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg24022700
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.