Steps on how to enable verbose logging on the main TEM server to log for all operations performed by the BES Root Server Service (BESRootServer.exe) process.
Resolving the problem
Take the following steps to enable verbose logging on the main TEM server to log for all operations performed by the BES Root Server Service (BESRootServer.exe) process.
Verbose data is output to the \BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESRelay.log file.
The logging is enabled by creating a client setting.
Enabling logging through TEM:
1. Login to the console as a master console operator.
2. Right click on the main TEM Server computer in the console.
3. Select Edit Computer Settings....
4. Check in the list to see if the _BESRelay_Log_Verbose setting has already been created. If it has, Edit it and change its value to 1 (to enable it).
5. If the setting has not been created, click Add to create it. Enter _BESRelay_Log_Verbose for the setting name and 1 for the setting value to enable the verbose logging.
6. Click OK. An action named "Change Multiple Settings" is taken targeted at the main TEM server machine.
7. After the action has completed successfully (the setting has been applied), restart the BES Root Server service (you can take action on Task # 447: Restart Service in the BES Support site to do this).
Enabling logging manually through the registry
1. Remote into the main TEM server machine.
2. Open up the registry editor (regedit)
3. Add the the setting (_BESRelay_Log_Verbose) as a key to the client section of the registry:
4. Create a REG_SZ value named value.
5. Set the value to 1
6. Restart the BES Root Server service.
Note: to disable verbose logging, set the setting to 0 and restart the BES Root Server service.
Warning: Leave the verbose logging on only as long enough to troubleshoot the issue you are having in order to conserve on disk space and processing resources.