An error is displayed while trying to invoice indicating that the GL account is invalid.
Steps to reproduce the error:
1. Go to the Work Order Tracking application and create a new work order. Add a
location but don't fully specify GL account. (Example 6000-400-???). Save and
approve the work order.
2. Go to the Purchasing application and create a new PO. Add a vendor. Add a PO line
for type MATERIAL. Add a description, quantity, cost, and then add the
WONUM. Fully specify the GL (Example 6000-400-000). Save and approve
3. Go to the Receiving application and receive the material.
4. Go to the Invoices application and add the PO created above. Copy the PO line.
Notice that the GL is correct (Example 6000-400-000). Save the record.
5. Click on "New Row" and add a line of SERVICE type for freight. Add a
cost and add GL account 6000-400-???.
6. Attempt to save or approve the Invoice and the following error
message is displayed:
BMXAA1970E - Not a valid invoice cost GL account 6000-400-???. Either
the required components are not filled or the component values are not
Note if you expand the material line on the invoice you'll notice that
the GL account has been changed from 6000-400-000 to 6000-400-???
despite having saved the record before adding the freight cost.
This issue appears to be related to APAR IV23493.