Attempts to launch IBM Rational Rose Enterprise results in error "Unable to Check out a license for Rational Rose Enterprise, FLEXlm -2 : Invalid License syntax"
License Usage Mapper (LUM) on the Rational License Key Administrator (LKAD) is not configured to point to the correct license type.
Diagnosing the problem
Verify that IBM Rational Rose Enterprise requests a floating suite license
Resolving the problem
In order to resolve the reported problem, apply the steps below:
- Launch Rational License Key Administrator
- Navigate to Settings > License Usage Mapper
- In the License Usage Mapper dialog box, verify the correct product is highlighted under Installed Products on the left-hand pane
- Under the License Usage Order section, move the Suite license or point product license using the Up or Down buttons on the right-hand side
- Ensure that the check box is enabled
- Click OK
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.