Steps to pay attention to when applying the IBM Business Space V7.5.1 iFix 3 in the IBM Case Manager environments
What issues should I be aware of when applying IBM Business Space V7.5.1 iFix 3 in the IBM Case Manager environments?
Applying the IBM Business Space V7.5.1 iFix 3 to IBM Case Manager
1. In the "Installing Business Space powered by WebSphere: V184.108.40.206 Interim Fix 3" tech note, under the "Upgrading the deployment manager" section currently it says, "The Deployment Manager profile is automatically updated during Interim Fix installation". However this is incorrect. You need to complete additional steps as mentioned in the "Upgrading the deployment manager" section of "Installing Business Space powered by WebSphere: V220.127.116.11 Interim Fix 4" tech note.
Similarly there are updates needed in the "Upgrading the nodes" section and it is recommended to follow the steps under the "Installing Business Space powered by WebSphere: V18.104.22.168 Interim Fix 4" tech note.
The "Installing Business Space powered by WebSphere: V22.214.171.124 Interim Fix 4" tech note is available at: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036405
2. When following the Business Space iFix 3 installation guide found at the URL below, be sure to carefully follow all the instructions as well as those involving the com.ibm.mashups.user.groupCacheUpdateFrequency property and its recommended value of 24. Not doing so will cause Case Manager Administration Client's Deploy Case Manager Client task to fail.
- After installing iFix 3, then deploying Case Manager Client, you will observe a variety of problems including:
* Testing the login to Business Space and observing no Welcome Space listed in the Manage Space.
* Any spaces that are created have no owner.
* An attempt to search for any users does not return any results.
- Analyzing the logs will reveal the following exceptions:
"com.ibm.mm.was.user.service" was unable to instantiate class
- If you did not set the groupCacheUpdateFrequency property during the iFix 3 installation process as required in the "Updating the Business Space configuration" section in the following link -
- then you will need to stop the Websphere Application Server server or cluster nodes in the sequence indicated at the beginning of the iFix 3 installation Technote. re-perform the entire sequence in the "Updating the Business Space configuration" section, then follow the remaining sections of the iFix 3 installation Technote. Next, using the IBM Case Manager administration client, open the profile and perform the following tasks:
- Deploy Case Manager Client
- Register Business Space Server
To resolve any ownership issues with Business Space spaces and/or pages, follow the instructions at the following link:
3. In a cluster environment after all installation procedures have been performed, and the Websphere Application Server services have been restarted, you will need to re-map the Business Space application cluster URL mappings.
(i). In the Websphere administration console, navigate to:
Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications
(ii). For each Business Space and Case Manager application
a. Select the application
b. Select 'Manage Modules'
c. In the 'Clusters and servers' list, select the web server(s) that should apply and then click 'Apply'.
d. Holding the Control key enables multi-select.
e. Click OK to save the changes. Restart the Websphere service to enable the changes.
Business Space V7.5.1 iFix 3 installation procedures:
Business Space V7.5.1 iFix 4 installation procedures:
Additional Business Space iFix installation documentation can be found at:
More support for:
Case Manager Client
Software version: 5.1.0, 5.1.1
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1606236
Modified date: 06 November 2013