Unable to Add WASCE 3.0 Runtime Environment/Server in Eclipse Juno
Adding the WASCE 3.0 Runtime Environment in Eclipse Juno fails
When adding the WASCE 3.0 Runtime Environment into Eclipse Juno, there is a dialog with a title bar of "Server Error" and the following text is displayed: "org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.target.provisional.ITargetPlatformService".
Resolving the problem
To solve the problem described in the symptom, there are two different ways you might need to go:
1. If you've already installed the bad WASCE Eclipse Plugin (WEP) into your eclipse JEE IDE. Do the following:
- Uninstall the bad WEP. This depends on how you installed the WEP:
"Help -> Install New Software...-> What is already installed -> WASCE v3.0 Server Adapter Assembly -> Uninstall...".
- If WEP was installed via the eclipse "dropins" folder or wizard of WASCE installer, just delete it from the eclipse "dropins" folder when eclipse exits.
- Next, restart eclipse with "-clean" option to confirm the bad WEP uninstalled successfully.
- Install the fixed, latest WEP from the online update site:
2. If you decide to use a fresh eclipse JEE IDE, go directly to the online update site and install the WEP from there. For more details about how to install WEP, refer to the WEP installation document:
More support for:
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Eclipse Plugin for WAS CE
Software version: 3.0, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Elite, Enhanced, Entry
Reference #: 1606184
Modified date: 2013-07-17