What are some reasons why my local management interface (web interface) for my GX Network IPS does not load properly?
1) The client machine you are using to access the GX Network IPS web interface (local management interface) is running Windows Server 2008 64 bit. (Or another 64 bit operating system)
2) The Java Runtime Environment you are using is a 64 bit version.
3) You are using Internet Explorer 9 +
1) When accessing your GX Network IPS web interface from a 64 bit Operating System you must ensure you have a 32 bit version of the Java Runtime environment installed.
2) The GX Network IPS web management interface is not supported on Internet Explorer 9 or greater. (You will have to use another web browser, ie: Firefox, if your operating system only has Internet Explorer 9 installed.)
3) Please also ensure you CLEAR and DISABLE the "Temporary Internet Files" in the Java Control panel for your client machine. (This is to prevent previously saved settings in the GX Network IPS web interface to be stored in the Java cache, which will prevent you from being able to see newly saved changes, every time you reload the web interface.)
4) It is also highly recommended that you clear out your web browser's cache. (This is to also prevent any previously saved settings in the GX Network IPS web interface from staying in the cache and constantly displaying those settings, even when a new change has been made.)
If the above information does not resolve your issue, please contact IBM Security Solutions Customer Support.
|Security||Security Network Intrusion Prevention System||Firmware||4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.