Attempts to run an IBM Rational Performance Tester schedule yields security message "the Agent Controller is not available on host localhost".
The full error message is as follows:
Connection failed on host <host name>.
IWAT0284E The Agent Controller is not available on host <host name>
Make sure that:
* for localhost, the Internal Agent Controller is supported on your local
* the Agent Controller is installed.
* the Agent Controller is configured to communicate with your machine.
* you have the correct host name and port number for the Agent
See the workspace Error Log or Agent Controller serviceconfig.log for any
Under details you see.
A performance test with a single user does run.
The definition of the local host as Location is lacking.
You installed the followng products on your local host.
- IBM® Rational® Performance Tester
- IBM® Rational® Performance Tester Agent
Resolving the problem
Consider the following steps.
- Define the local host as Location.
- Click option button in the User Group
Run this group on the following locations (1 defined)
- Optionally you can disable the Integrated Agent Controller.
Window > Preferences > Agent Controller > Integrated Agent Controler.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.