Attempts to install the Xcelerator component from Cognos Express 10.1 results in the following message being displayed:
SDK-ERR-0148 Process exit code is 9 : Error: -2147217394
Environment is based on Windows Server 2008.
Resolving the problem
Enable IIS on Windows 2008 by adding a "Role" in Server Manager to resolve the problem.
1. Start Server Manager Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager
2. Select the "Roles" item from the tree and click "Add Roles".
3. Select the "Web Server (IIS)" role from the list and click the "Next" button.
4. In the Select Role Services page, select the "ASP.NET" entry under "Application Development". This will enable IIS to support ASP.NET applications.
5. Click "Add Required Role Services" button in the Add Role wizard Dialog when asked
6. Ensure "Static Content" entry is also selected under "Common HTTP Features" node to select it
7. Click the "Next" button, and then "Install" to start the installation process.
|Business Analytics||Cognos Express||Cognos Express Xcelerator||Windows 2003 server, Windows||10.1||All Editions|