Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 IFR 1 fix: additional settings for Sametime native mobile clients
A fix is available on IBM Fix Central that provides Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 IFR 1 with additional server-side settings to manage Sametime native mobile clients.
This fix provides the additional sever-side settings described below to IBM Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (IFR 1). This fix is recommended for all Sametime Proxy environments that allow native mobile client access. This fix gives administrators the ability to control additional settings.
A setting to enable or disable the location reporting by the native Sametime mobile client
This setting allows the administrator to prevent the Sametime client to report the mobile device location to the server. Location reporting is enabled by default.
The setting is named "allowLocationReporting." Its value is "true" or "false." The default is "true."
A setting to allow or disallow the end user from exporting his Sametime mobile client contacts to the device address book
This setting allows the administrator to control whether the end user can or cannot export his native Sametime mobile client contacts to the device address book.
The setting is named "allowContactExport." Its value is "true" or "false." The default is "true."
Prerequisite: The Sametime System Console must be at version 8.5.2 IFR 1. If not, then you will see a failure message during the fix install noting an incorrect version level. Refer to Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on the Sametime System Console to get started.
This fix must be installed on top of a Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (IFR 1). If the proxy server is running 8.5.2 (without the IFR 1 fix), then the IFR 1 fix will be automatically installed.
To install this fix on a Sametime Proxy Server node, follow these steps:
- Download the fix 8521-ST-Proxy-IF-OOSN-8WGM37 from IBM Fix Central.
- Shut down the Sametime Proxy Server
- Copy the file you downloaded onto the Sametime Proxy Server
- Unzip the file on the server file system
- Apply the fix by running the appropriate update command:
- If running on the Microsoft Windows operating system, run the update.bat batch file
- If running on the AIX, Linux or Solaris operating systems, run the update.sh script
- If running on IBM i, run the IBMi\stii_sp\install_stp.sh script
- Follow the instructions on screen until the installation completes
If you are running a multi-node (cluster) configuration, then repeat these instructions on each node.
Additional instructions - Setting and editing the new settings
To set or edit any of the settings described in the section above, perform the following steps for each Sametime Proxy Server in your environment:
- Shut down the Sametime Proxy Server
- On the Deployment Manager, locate the stproxyconfig.xml file for each Sametime Proxy Server (in \AppServer\profiles\<dmgr_profile_name>\config\cells\<cell_name>\nodes\<node_name>\servers\STProxyServer)
- Open stproxyconfig.xml file with a text editor, and locate the "mobile" section. It is enclosed by the "<mobile>" and "</mobile>" tags. If it's not present, create the section by adding the 2 tags just before the "</configuration>" closing tag.
- In the "mobile" section, for each setting you want to set, add an opening tag and a closing tag with the setting name, and set the value in between. To edit a setting, locate the opening and closing tag for the setting and set the appropriate value.
- Save the file. Use the system console (ISC) to synchronize the nodes (full re-synchronize)
- Restart the server
More support for:
Sametime Proxy Server and Web Client
Software version: 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, Apple iOS, Google Android, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, i5/OS
Software edition: Advanced, Standard
Reference #: 1600409
Modified date: 26 July 2012