Rational Robot recognizes taskbar as generic and in coordinates only
Recording a window restore from the Windows taskbar in an IBM Rational Robot script results in object recognition through coordinates.
Rational Robot recognizes the taskbar item as a generic object through coordinates only. As a consequence the playback restores any window that happens to be in the same coordinates.
You can observe the recognition issue in Windows 7, but not in Windows XP.
In Windows XP, Rational Robot records the following script.
Under Windows 7, the recording results in the following script.
The cause is unknown.
Resolving the problem
- Make the following change in your script manually.
Window OpenIcon, "Caption=<Title of the applicaion>", ""
- Add MSTaskListWClass to the object class list as follows.
- Click Tools > General Options.... .
- Click the Mapping tab.
- Select Object Type as ListView.
- Click the Add button and enter class name MSTaskListWClass. Then click OK.
More support for:
Software version: 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1600406
Modified date: 06 September 2012
Translate this page: