Instances widget timestamps do not honor Daylight Savings Time
In the Instances widget, the localized timestamps used in the instances do not honor Daylight Savings Time (DST); some timestamps may be incorrectly offset by one hour (ahead or behind) the actual time if Daylight Savings Time is in effect for either the actual time or the current time but not both. How can I correct this?
When using the Instances widget, the user's timezone is transmitted to the server which uses that information to localize the timestamps used in the instances. This localized timestamp does not honor DST, as only the offset to UTC time, but not the actual time zone information, is transmitted to the server.
It is possible to define a single time zone for all users such that DST will be correctly honored for all timestamps based on the DST rules for that time zone. You can configure IBM Business Monitor or WebSphere Business Monitor to use a specific time zone by setting a custom property, using the procedure below.
- Apply the appropriate maintenance depending on your product and version. (These fix packs and refresh packs contain the code added under APAR JR42577 to support setting a fixed time zone for display of all DateTime metrics, such that DST will be honored.)
- IBM Business Monitor Version 8.0 users must apply IBM Business Monitor V8.0 Refresh Pack 1 (8.0.1).
- IBM Business Monitor Version 7.5 and Version 7.5.1 users must apply IBM Business Monitor V7.5.1 Fix Pack 1 (22.214.171.124).
- WebSphere Business Monitor Version 7.0 users must apply WebSphere Business Monitor V7.0 Fix Pack 5 (126.96.36.199).
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- From the left pane select Servers > Server Types > Application servers, then click the server name in the right pane. (Note: In a network deployment environment, you will need to perform steps 2 through 7 for each server in the cluster where Business Space is deployed.)
- In the right pane, select Java and Process Management > Process definition > Additional Properties > Java Virtual Machine > Additional Properties > Custom Properties. Click New.
- Enter com.ibm.wbimonitor.rest.api.timezone in the Name field.
- Enter the appropriate time zone in the Value field; for example, America/New_York, Europe/Paris, etc. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones for a list of time zone IDs).
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- In a network deployment environment, synchronize the change across all nodes in the cell.
- In a stand-alone environment, stop and restart the server. In a network deployment environment, stop the servers and cluster where Business Space is deployed, and then start the cluster and servers (in that order).
|Business Integration||IBM Business Monitor||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows||8.0.1, 8.0, 188.8.131.52, 7.5.1, 7.5|
More support for:
WebSphere Business Monitor
Software version: 7.0, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1599556
Modified date: 2012-11-15