This document describes new features and improvements in IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearCase MultiSite version 126.96.36.199.
What's new in IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearCase MultiSite version 188.8.131.52:
CCRC CLI (rcleartool)
The CCRC CLI (rcleartool), which was previously released as a separate download, is now delivered with ClearCase. Among the features it contains are:
- Support for efficient scripting
- SSL and proxy support
- Session caching with administrative control
- Support for CC primary and auxiliary groups
For more information, see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21594728.
Updating RTC task links after CLM server rename
The ClearCase clmutil command updates the links from element versions to RTC work items when the CLM server has been changed. You can also use the command to list task-server links and to preview server rename operations before committing them.
For more information, see the clmutil reference page: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cchelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.clearcase.cc_ref.doc%2Ftopics%2Fclmutil.htm
This release includes support for the following new platforms and services:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Update 8 (RHEL 5.8) with ClearCase 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Oracle Solaris 11 with ClearCase 18.104.22.168
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) and Desktop (SLED) 11 SP2 with ClearCase 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Samba 3.5.14 with ClearCase 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Apple Mac OS X 10.7 with ClearCase 220.127.116.11 (CCRC only, excluding rcleartool)