Running twice the postinstall script, during the IFIX installation, leads to an error like:
COPDEX051E The "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" workflow does not exist.
If during postinstall script execution an error has occurred, in order to finish
the IFIX installation the following steps have been performed:
1) find out the cause of the failure and resolve it (example: For TPM on UNIX,
if inadvertently you miss chown/chmod $TIO_HOME/ (step 6), the postinstall
script will fail)
2) re-run again the postinstall script
In this scenario the postinstall script could fail with the following error:
COPDEX051E The"TivoliCommonAgent_core_MigrateDCM_5_1_1_3_IF00005" workflow does not exist. \WARNING: Failed the master tcdriver update, exiting. Please correct the error and run it manually
There are several steps involved in an ifix installation that modify the
content of the database:
1. data migration: it's not a schema migration, but this step populates the
database with the new predefined values
2. tcdrivers installation: the old workflows are removed from the database and
the new workflows are compiled and created in the database. Moreover, each
automation package has a migration workflow that is executed as the last step
of ifix installed (running the 'master tcdriver update' workflow -- this
workflow is a collection of all the migration workflows for this version).
These migration workflows change the content of the database and most of them
cannot be re-executed.
Therefore it's highly recommended to backup the database before running any
Resolving the problem
If a database's backup exists, before running the postinstall script the
second time a restore has be done.
If the database's backup doesn't exist the following steps have to be performed:
1. Go to $TIO_HOME/drivers/ and save the TivoliCommonAgent_core.tcdriver under different
directory as zip file
2. unzip the TivoliCommonAgent_core.zip and you will find the workflow as:
3. save it and copy it to your desktop.
4. open the TPM GUI and go to Automation > Workflows
5. Edit > Add Workflow will bring up a workflow composer window.
6. Edit > Open ... and browse to the
TivoliCommonAgent_core_MigrateDCM_5_1_1_3_IF00005.wkf on your desktop.
7. Compile > Compile. That should return a "Compiled successfully
8. Stop TPM.
10. Start TPM.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Software||AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||220.127.116.11|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.