What are the steps for installing a new base executable?
How to install a new base executable:
NOTE: When installing a new version of the base executable, it is IMPORTANT to always use the "cp" command and to NEVER use the "mv" command. There are links between base and the other data managers that can be destroyed by usage of the "mv" command.
1. Turn off all the data managers, by typing the following command at the UNIX command line:
2. Make a backup copy (use "cp" and not "mv") of the existing $EDI_ROOT/bin/base file
3. FTP the new "base" in BINARY mode to $EDI_ROOT/temp
4. Copy (use "cp" and not "mv") the new "base" from $EDI_ROOT/temp to $EDI_ROOT/bin
5. To verify that the links have been preserved, use "ls -l" to verify that all data managers (except fmgr and arch) have the same date, time, and size as the new "base"
6. Note: ONLY if the date, time and size values DO NOT match, then the data managers must be manually linked to base. If the date, time and size values DO NOT match, use the following two commands for each data manager, EXCEPT for fmgr and arch:
a. rm xxxx (where xxxx is the data manager's name)
b. flink base xxxx
7. Ensure file permissions are -rwxrwxr-x: chmod 775 base
8. Ensure file ownership is the Gentran user ID: chown -R GentranUserID base (where GentranUserID is the owner of the Gentran:Server for UNIX environment)
9. Restart the data managers by typing the following command at the UNIX command line:
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.