Receive error message BMXAA2013E and BMXAA1983E while dealing with PO revision for returns.
When there is a return and price variance, the users are receiving an error while approving an invoice.
1. Do not set up any tolerance limits in the Limits and Tolerance tab of the Security Groups application.
2. Create and approve a PO number MAPO2 (Revision 0) with quantity of 1 and line cost set to $1.49.
3. Receive MAPO2 (Revision 0).
4. Return MAPO2 (Revision 0).
5. Revise MAPO2 (Revision 1), change cost to $3.49 on the POLINE.
6. Receive MAPO2 (Revision 1).
7. Create an invoice against MAPO02 by using the PO Lines Tab from Copy PO Line.
8. Receive an error when approving the invoice:
"BMXAA2013E - Could not change invoice 1071 status to APPR. BMXAA1983E -
Cannot approve invoice 1071. The difference in cost between line 1 of the invoice and the purchase order line is -0.01 USD, which is less than tolerance of 0 USD."
Expectation: The invoice should be approved, since the invoice line was against the receipt and that receipt price is the same as the invoice pricing.
Resolving the problem
1. Go to the Invoice application and create a new invoice.
2. Enter the same above PO (MAPO02) in the PO field.
3. Go to the Invoice Lines tab, click Copy PO Lines button, and select 'Materials Tab' from Copy PO Line dialog box.
Select the third receipt line:
4. Approve the invoice without the price variance or tolerance error message. Which is correct.
NOTE: When selecting from the PO Lines tab, the match is done based on transdate of the receipts (starts with the first receipt and so on).