Outage caused by not enough storage available in the application heap
Unable to execute DB2 database queries, causing a service outage. Database queries do not return, the embedded WebSphere Application Server (eWAS) service is disrupted. Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) appears to be down or unresponsive.
AWSJDB801E An internal error has been found while accessing the database. The internal error message is:
"Not enough storage is available in the application heap to process the statement.. SQLCODE=-954, SQLSTATE=57011, DRIVER=3.62.56".
DB2's application heap is exhausted by larger SQL queries performed by TWS or TWS operators.
Resolving the problem
1. Determine the DB2 instance owner. You must run all of the following commands as the DB2 instance owner. This user is likely to be named db2inst1, but you can check by running the following:
<TWS_HOME>/wastools/showSecurityProperties.sh | grep j2cUserid
2. Login as the DB2 instance owner.
3. Determine the name of the database used by the Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) master from the list produced by the following command:
db2 list database directory
NOTE: The default TWS database name is "TWS"
4. Run the following command to connect to the database:
db2 connect to <Database name from step 2>
5. Run the following command to determine the current "Default application heap" value:
db2 get database configuration | grep APPLHEAPSZ
6. Increase the DB2 application heap size:
db2 UPDATE DB CFG FOR <DB Name> USING APPLHEAPSZ <Original value * 2>
7. Restart DB2:
db2 force applications all
Translate this page: