General Availability of Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Suite version 9.2 is 31 May 2012 for electronic availability for English and 26 June 2012 for electronic availability for French. Physical media availability for English is 6 June 2012 and physical media for French is 10 July 2012.
IBM advances Smarter Commerce by building upon existing integration between IBM Sterling Order Management and IBM WebSphere Commerce to deliver commerce-enabled order fulfillment and source-deliver processes. This new release addresses shifting customer needs towards cross-channel ordering and fulfillment by:
- Integrating frontend, customer-facing commerce systems with order fulfillment and delivery processes
- Extending the fulfillment network to include store inventory, thereby matching customer demand with excess and slow moving supply on store shelves
- Improving decisions that drive core end-to-end selling and fulfillment processes through business analytics
With the release of Version 9.2 of IBM Sterling Selling and Fulfillment and V7.0 Feature Pack 5 of WebSphere Commerce, IBM continues to increase the value companies are able to provide their customers. By enhancing the integration between WebSphere Commerce and Sterling Order Management, IBM delivers on its vision for a customer-centric approach to commerce, with enhanced cross-channel selling and fulfillment capabilities. By taking advantage of these Smarter Commerce solutions, companies can now deliver a seamless end-to-end cross-channel and highly personalized buying experience, from opportunity through order fulfillment.
New capabilities include:
Order management enhancements
- Store-based fulfillment
- Consideration of fulfillment location capacity during sourcing
- Payment enhancements for reverse authorization and settlements
- Returns Business Intelligence (BI)
- BI infrastructure upgrade and ad-hoc analysis capabilities
- Integrated search
- Enhanced business user tooling
- Real-time cross-channel visibility of inventory availability
- Order processing and fulfillment of the commerce shopping cart
- Real-time cross-channel visibility of order status and details
- Ability to define fulfillment-related pricing and promotions
For more information, see the US Announcement Letter for Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Suite . Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
To determine what the newest release of Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Suite is and if the release you are running is still supported see the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Page for Sterling Selling and Fulfillment Suite.
|Commerce||Sterling Order Management||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||9.2|