Testing database connection during installation results in "Engine [ERROR]:: Unable to open a connection to specified information" error
Attempts to test the database connection results in the error "Engine [ERROR]:: Unable to open a connection to specified information" in the database configuration page during installation of IBM Rational Build Forge.
64 bit version of the Oracle database was in use.
Diagnosing the problem
Steps to troubleshoot:
- Verify if the Oracle User Object build created properly on the Oracle database.
- Verify the connection the user build by Oracle SQL plus on the Rational Build Forge host.
- Still fail the database connection test in Build Forge installation.
See more details in topic Oracle Setup in the IBM Information center help - Rational Build Forge.
Resolving the problem
You must install the 32–bit version, regardless of whether you are running on a 32–bit or 64–bit platform when you Install Oracle Instant Client on the Management Console host.
Use only version 10.2 or 11.2 of Instant Client Package - Basic for your operating system.
- Use the version 10.2 client for Oracle 10.2.
- Use the version 11.2 client for Oracle 11g.
Download the client from Oracle at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html.
Review the details in topic Oracle Client Configuration in the Rational Build Forge information center.
More support for:
Rational Build Forge
Engine: Database Integration
Software version: 7.1.2, 7.1.3
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux
Reference #: 1596122
Modified date: 15 April 2014
Translate this page: