General Availability of IBM Content Collector version 3.0 is 25 May 2012 for electronic availability and 1 June 2012 for media availability. IBM Content Collector adds a new component, IBM Content Collector for IBM Connections V3.0, which delivers support for archiving files, wikis, blogs, forums, profiles, and activities from the IBM Connections social business platform.
IBM Content Collector V3.0 is a member of IBM Information Lifecycle Governance (ILG) portfolio and is designed to enable users to:
- Retain files, email, and collaboration content based on regulatory and business needs to manage information by value
- Place legal holds directly on the archived data and assess evidence without collecting it to reduce risk and impact on IT, and effectively meet electronic discovery (eDiscovery) obligations
- Implement defensible disposal of information without business value or legal duty to change the information growth curve
- Use a unified approach for archiving, discovering, and disposing of structured and unstructured data to reduce cost and complexity
The ILG portfolio includes capabilities that legal, IT, records, and business users can use to help reduce legal risk and reduce data management and discovery costs. With value based archiving, rigorous eDiscovery, retention and records management, and defensible disposition, you can benefit from features that help manage enterprise information based on its business value, comply more efficiently with litigation and regulatory duties, and to dispose of information when it is no longer needed.
The IBM ILG portfolio is designed to help:
- IT staff understand and manage - by system and employee - the content collection, archiving, and retention procedures established by the organization
- Information stakeholders in legal, records, and IT organizations to have a common view of information sources and a shared understanding about related legal obligations and business value to improve departmental efficiency, reduce risk, and enable disposal
- Attorneys and paralegals to automate legal hold processes and coordinate evidence collections across the organization
- Records managers to develop and manage global retention policies, and coordinate compliance and disposition across multiple systems and jurisdictions
- Attorneys to do continuous cost monitoring and forecast eDiscovery costs
- IT staff to determine which systems appear to have the highest cost and risk profiles and address them
IBM Content Collector V3.0 supports ILG initiatives by providing content collection and archiving capabilities for enterprise data sources such as email, file systems, Microsoft SharePoint, and IBM Connections. Through the use of profiles that define the location of valuable business content and processing rules that determine how and when it should be collected and processed, IBM Content Collector V3.0 can help streamline and automate the collection and archiving process. Once archived, the capabilities of the ILG portfolio can be applied to the data, including simplified eDiscovery, retention management, and defensible disposition.
For more information, see the US Announcement Letter for IBM Content Collector. Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
To determine what the newest release of IBM Content Collector is and if the release you are running is still supported see the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Page for Content Collector.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.