Attempts to launch IBM Rational PurifyPlus on Microsoft Windows 7 result in the error "Failed to check out a key".
Rational PurifyPlus for Windows Authorized User license key has been imported, but Rational Purify (PureCoverage, Quantify) can not be launched due to the license error:
Failed to check out a key for PurifyPlus
FLEXlm error -2, Invalid license file syntax OR no license in file.
FLEXlm error -15, Cannot connect to license server.
This issue may happen when Rational PurifyPlus for Windows Authorized User license key is imported on Windows 7 without Administrator authority, in which case the license is not written into the correct license file.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds to solve the issue.
- Log in to Windows 7 as Administrator
Note: You must be logged in as the "Administrator" user itself, not any other user in the Administrators group.
- Import the Rational PurifyPlus license key (double click the license key file)
- Log in to Windows 7 as any other user
- Right click IBM Rational License Key Administrator and click Run as administrator
- Click Menu > License Keys > Import License Key(s)...
- Navigate to the license key file