IBM TPF Toolkit Interim Fix v3.6.4 is now available on the update site. This document lists the fixes and enhancements that are included in the Interim Fix.
The following is the list of fixes and enhancements that are included in Interim Fix v3.6.4:
Source scan updates
- APAR JR42603 - The existing rule OTRPACKc has been updated to correctly handle missing whitespace between the ending brace and the identifier for a struct or union definition.
- APAR JR42601 - Non-Trace Log *.report files are now correctly handled by TPF Toolkit.
- The System Z LPEX editor has been updated to correctly handle macro definitions files from previous versions of TPF Toolkit. However, it is recommended that you migrate any TPF Toolkit v3.4.x user macro files to the v3.6.x format (see help for details) and use the migrated versions of the macro files in your HLAsm parser preferences and Editor Options option sets.
- APAR JR42600, JR42604 - The macro definition files tpfhlasm.dat and tpfhlasm_ztpf.dat file have been updated to include new or updated macros introduced by TPF 4.1 and z/TPF APARs.
- APAR JR42594, JR42596 - Significant performance improvements have been made to the Delete action when invoked in the TPF Project Navigator view.
- APAR JR42590 - Significant performance improvements have been made to TPF Toolkit when using a mounted drive location for the TPFPROJ and TPFSHARE directories.
- APAR JR42591, JR42592 - The responsiveness of the 'Reload from project' action in MakeTPF projects and the 'Get details' action in the Web Services subsystems.
- APAR JR42597 - The Remote Index Search feature has been updated to correctly handle files that do not grant read permission.
- APAR JR42595 - The Message user exit has been updated to preserve line feeds when output is displayed in the Remote Console.
- APAR JR42599 - The LLMLOAD host utility now correctly handles an empty Output PDS for Transfer Vector (XPDSLSC) setting during an LLM build.
- APAR JR42598 - The Performance Analyzer tools in TPF Toolkit now correctly handle trace files that contain large call stacks.
- A new Memory Search feature has been added to TPF Toolkit. This feature allows users to search for specific patterns within the contents of various debugger views (for example, Memory view, SW00SR view, ECB view, etc.) when they are populated during the debug session.
Installing the latest Interim Fix
To apply the latest Interim Fix:
- Click Help > Check for Updates.
- In the Available Updates page, select the feature versions that you want to upgrade, and then click Next.
- Review the installation details, and then click Next.
- Carefully review the license agreements for the upgraded features. If the terms of all of these licenses are acceptable, select the I accept the terms in the license agreements check box, and then click Finish. Do not proceed to download the features if the license terms are not acceptable.
- Once all of the features and plug-ins have been downloaded successfully and their files are installed into the product on the local computer, a new configuration that incorporates these features and plug-ins is formulated. When asked to exit and restart the Workbench, click Yes for the changes to take effect.
Installing standalone features
Various TPF Toolkit features are provided as standalone features, giving you the option to selectively install the features you choose.
For example, the TPF Toolkit Administrator feature is shipped as a standalone feature. The TPF Toolkit Administrator feature enables the Administration preference page in TPF Toolkit. The Administration preference page allows you to control which features you want to enable or disable in TPF Toolkit. In addition, it allows you to control the list of action and menu XML files in the Menu Manager configuration files.
The various TPF PUT level specific documentation is also shipped as standalone features, giving you the option to only install the documentation for the PUT level that you choose.
To find and install standalone features:
1. Click Help > Install new software to open the Install wizard.
2. In the Available Software page, do the following:
- To install optional features, select the TPF Toolkit Optional update site in the Work with dropdown list.
- To install PUT level documentation, select the TPF PUT Level Help update site in the Work with dropdown list.
3. Select the features you want to install, and then click Next.
4. Review the installation details, and then click Next.
5. Carefully review the license agreements for the new features. If the terms of all of these licenses are acceptable, select the I accept the terms in the license agreements check box, and then click Finish. Do not proceed to download the features if the license terms are not acceptable.
6. Once all of the features and plug-ins have been downloaded successfully and their files are installed into the product on the local computer, a new configuration that incorporates these features and plug-ins is formulated. When asked to exit and restart the Workbench, click Yes for the changes to take effect.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.