OLE DB provider "server name" for linked server "server name" returned message "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions"
Improper MSDTC settings on both the Clarity Application server and the Elite database server.
Diagnosing the problem
Under Application Console, then clicking on the Import Budget menu option, error will come up.
Resolving the problem
Ensure the following MSDTC settings are configured on both the Clarity Application and Database server and the Elite Database server:
1. Open the Control Panel and double-click on Administrative Tools
2. Open Components Services. In the console tree, click on the Computers
For Windows 2003
3. Right-Click on My Computers and choose Properties
4. In the Properties dialog, click on the MSDTC tab
5. Within the MSDTC tab, click on the Security Configuration button
For Windows 2008
3. Expand My Computer and expand Distributed Transaction Controller
4. Right-click Local DTC, select the Properties option
5. Go to the Securty tab
6. Verify the following DTC security settings are enabled:
- Network DTC Access checked
- Allow Inbound checked
- Mutual Authentication checked if Clarity Application server is on same domain as Enterprise Database Server, otherwise No Authentication Required checked