You are having a web service problem with IBM Business Process Manager. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the IBM Business Process Manager Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Diagnosing the problem
Collect the MustGather information for Web Services problems in IBM Business Process Manager. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps in understanding the problem and saves time when analyzing the data.
|Setting the trace string|
Web Services problem in Business Process Manager Advanced:
Set the trace string to *=info:SCA.*=all:com.ibm.ws.webservices.*=all
Web Services problem in Business Process Manager Standard or Express:
Set the trace string to *=info:WLE.*=all.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
To set the tracing and generate a new set of logs and traces, complete the following steps:
- Under Troubleshooting > Log and Trace, pick the server where you want to change the settings.
- Click Change Log Detail Levels.
- Select the configuration tab to set the tracing. This change takes effect after the next server restart and a completely new set of log files can be collected. Optionally, select the runtime tab to dynamically set the tracing.
- Enter the trace string and click OK.
- If you selected the configuration tab, stop the server.
- Archive and delete the current logs/traces/ffdc from the following directories:
- Start the server and check the trace.log file to make sure that the correct tracing is set.
- Reproduce the problem and gather the complete server log files and ffdc directory.
- Delete the trace string from the Log Detail Level for your server.
Note: Ensure that you have set the Maximum trace file size (recommendation: 20MB) as well as the number of historical trace files (recommendation: 10) to an appropriate value. You can find those values at Servers > Application Servers > server_name > Diagnostic Trace Service.
|General diagnostic information|
Collect the general MustGather information as described in Collect troubleshooting data for the IBM Business Process Manager products.
In addition, provide the following information for web services problems:
- Sample SOAP request and response message
- WSDL file
- Inbound Web Service?
- Outbound Web Service?
- Check WSDL for WS-I comliance
- Do you use the web service connector or the SOAP Message connector to call the outbound web service
- Which security mechanism are you using?
|What to do next|
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Express||Web Services||Linux, Linux zSeries, Windows||8.0, 7.5.1, 184.108.40.206, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Standard||Web Services||AIX, Linux, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows||8.0, 7.5.1, 220.127.116.11, 7.5|
|Business Integration||IBM BPM Advanced Pattern on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server||Web Services||Linux Red Hat - xSeries||8.0|