How to migrate from Cast Iron Live to WebSphere Cast Iron Appliance 6.x?
Resolving the problem
- Download the projects from the Cast Iron cloud
- From Web Management Console (WMC), go to the project configuration details page by clicking on the project in the WMC dashboard.
- Click Download.
- Repeat this process for all the projects on the appliance
- Modify and Publish the project to the Appliance:
- Open the projects one by one in the desktop version of Studio
- For all the endpoints that are using Secure Connector, uncheck the option ‘Endpoint Runs Behind Firewall’ in the endpoint configuration
- If the HTTP endpoint is being used, uncheck the following options in the endpoint configuration:
- Configure for WebSphere Cast Iron live
- Invoke service in WebSphere Cast Iron live
- Test all the endpoints from Studio
- Validate the projects one by one and publish them to the 6.x appliance
- Configure the WMC User settings and load required certificates manually.
- Test the projects.
- Allocate time in your upgrade plan for thorough testing of all your orchestrations.
- Review the release notes with the list of fixed defects to see if orchestrations need to be modified.
- Consider removing any workaround you have in place due to a past defect.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.