Migrating from Cast Iron Live to WebSphere Cast Iron Appliance 6.x?
How to migrate from Cast Iron Live to WebSphere Cast Iron Appliance 6.x?
Resolving the problem
- Download the projects from the Cast Iron cloud
- From Web Management Console (WMC), go to the project configuration details page by clicking on the project in the WMC dashboard.
- Click Download.
- Repeat this process for all the projects on the appliance
- Modify and Publish the project to the Appliance:
- Open the projects one by one in the desktop version of Studio
- For all the endpoints that are using Secure Connector, uncheck the option ‘Endpoint Runs Behind Firewall’ in the endpoint configuration
- If the HTTP endpoint is being used, uncheck the following options in the endpoint configuration:
- Configure for WebSphere Cast Iron live
- Invoke service in WebSphere Cast Iron live
- Test all the endpoints from Studio
- Validate the projects one by one and publish them to the 6.x appliance
- Configure the WMC User settings and load required certificates manually.
- Test the projects.
- Allocate time in your upgrade plan for thorough testing of all your orchestrations.
- Review the release notes with the list of fixed defects to see if orchestrations need to be modified.
- Consider removing any workaround you have in place due to a past defect.
More support for:
WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration
Software version: 5.0, 6.0.0
Operating system(s): Linux
Software edition: Cloud
Reference #: 1592416
Modified date: 22 March 2013