Migrating a Rule Project to JRules v7.0 and v7.1
How do I migrate a rule project to JRules v7.0 and v7.1?
This document focuses on migration to JRules v7.0 and v7.1. For migration to WebSphere Operational Decision Management v7.5, refer to Migrating from JRules to WODM.
Before proceeding with migration, determine how you use Rule Studio and possibly Rule Team Server (RTS) for managing your rules. If your use case falls under Scenarios 1 or 2 as described in Migrating to JRules v7.1 (Rule Studio is the source of truth for your rules), then continue to follow the recommendations in this document.
JRules v7.0 and v7.1 incorporated certain design changes that require special consideration when migrating. Start by reading the 7.1 documentation on migration. Incorporate the following recommendations if applicable to your environment:
- Avoid OutOfMemoryErrors in Rule Studio during migration.
- Update decision tables and ruleflows to the v7.x format. Open the v6.x rule project in Rule Studio v7, modify each decision table and ruleflow (by introducing fake changes) and then save it.
- Alternatively, use this Rule Studio plugin to programmatically migrate all decision tables and ruleflows from v6.7 to v7.x format, and remove all checks from decision tables for a faster build time.
- Check the migration of ruleflows, decision tables and ruleset properties.
- Ensure the priority property is migrated properly.
- Resolve problems if migrating decision tables from v5.x.
Once the migration has been completed,
- Fix any ambiguities that may be reported for individual rules due to the changes to BAL constructs introduced in v7.0.
- Resolve any compilation errors on the rules.
- Verify that the rulesets are generated correctly.
- Publish the migrated project to RTS, if your use case is classified as Scenario 2. You can discard the previous RTS version's schema, instead of also performing RTS database migration, since the assumption is that only the latest artifacts from the Rule Studio project need to be maintained in RTS.
|Business Integration||IBM Operational Decision Manager||Upgrading||Platform Independent||8.0, 7.5|
More support for:
WebSphere ILOG JRules
Modules:Rule Studio (Eclipse)
Software version: 5.1, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.0, 7.1
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1591800
Modified date: 03 May 2012
Translate this page: