Attempts to launch IBM Rational PurifyPlus on Windows Server 2008 results in the error "Unable to connect to your license server".
Rational PurifyPlus for Windows Authorized User license key has been imported.
Rational Purify (PureCoverage, Quantify) can not be launched due to license error "Unable to connect to your license server".
This issue may happen when Rational PurifyPlus for Windows Authorized User license key is imported on Windows Server 2008 without Administrator authority, in which case the license is not written into the correct license file.
Resolving the problem
There are two workarounds to solve the issue.
- Log in to Windows Server 2008 as Administrator
Note: You must be logged in as the "Administrator" user itself, not any other user in the Administrators group.
- Import the Rational PurifyPlus license key (double click the license key file)
- Log in to Windows Server 2008 as any other user
- Right click IBM Rational License Key Administrator and click Run as administrator
- Click Menu > License Keys > Import License Key(s)...
- Navigate to the license key file